Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

As I look back over the year, I realize most of the year was very trying and difficult. I know that I still have so much to be thankful for - I'm alive, healthy, and have wonderful family and friends who love me. I know that the things I have been through this year have only made me stronger, but I can't help but look forward to 2012 and hope it will be much better.

Each year I make New Year's Resolutions that I rarely achieve. This year, I have set quite a few goals for myself. This first one is to draw closer to God. I want my walk with Him to grow deeper so that I become more and more like Him. I know that when I do this, all the other things in my life will fall into place.

My next resolution is a lifestyle change. I want to eat healthier and get on a regular exercise schedule. I found out last year that I have high cholesterol, and I've never really done much to bring it down. I've tried "dieting" but get tired and discouraged. I think I need to view it as a lifestyle change and really change my mindset.

Thirdly, I want to create a budget and stick to it. We've created them before, and never really used it for any length of time. At the end of 2012, I want to have followed the budget we created and achieved some of our financial goals.

Lastly, a good amount of stress has been added to my life with both Robby and me going back to school. One of my resolutions is to figure out how to simplify and de-stress my life to better manage the many things I have going on. Also, I want to rid myself and my personal life of unnecessary drama and negativity.

I realize I've set some very high standards for 2012, but I'm determined to move forward and make a change this year. Looking forward to a more positive, stress-free, renewed me this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment