Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week Ending 9/3/11

The first half of this week was spent catching up on schoolwork (or trying to catch up, I should say). I'm doing pretty well in my classes. I LOVE my Small Business Management class. I'm learning so much and I actually really enjoy it.

I've been attending a Bible Study at our church about how the grace of God can change us and how we handle the difficult things that happen in our daily lives. It has taught me so much about who God is and who I am in Him. Most importantly, it has taught me that a life of daily cross-centered living is essential to becoming more and more like Christ. Many Christians (including myself) don't really give the cross much thought outside of the moment we ask Jesus into our hearts, and maybe on Easter. But recognition of our daily need for the cross changes our perspective in a way nothing else will. All of that being said, Thursday was our last night of the study. Instead of breaking out into our small groups like we normally do, we had a praise & worship service. Let me tell you, it was truly amazing. It was so awesome to hear people get up and give testimonies about how faithful our God is and how He had changed them throughout this study. At that moment, I was so thankful to be a part of a church that is so excited about God and loves to worship Him and share it with the world.

Friday, my sister and one of my favorite little boys came to meet me for lunch. I love my little nephew Micah. He sat at my desk and helped me do my work:) Ashley had taught him that Jessica loves Robby, Mommy loves Daddy, and Grandpa loves Grandma. She was trying to show me by asking him, "Micah, who does Jessie love?" And he replied with, "Jessie loves...Micah!" So every time she asked who Jessie, Mommy, or Grandpa loves, he said "Micah!" It was adorable. I guess he thinks everyone loves him:) That evening Robby, me, my sister, brother-in-law, and her kids went to my dad's for dinner. The boys' birthday party was last week, but the presents weren't opened at the party, so we did it then. We got Micah the new Thomas train, Toby. We got Ethan a Lego helicopter (which I later realized was probably not so nice for the parents).

Micah opening his train

Ethan opening his helicopter


Saturday, Ashley and I went to the first Clemson football game with my dad and stepmom. We had a blast. It was very hot, but a lot of fun. Hopefully Robby and I can go to the homecoming game in October.

The players running down the hill

Balloons going up in the air

It's game time!

Me & Ashley at the game

Ha ha...I painted our toenails orange and white:)


So, as a music lover, I decided to post one of my favorite songs right now. It's such an encouragement to me, and just reminds me that I can always trust in God because He is always faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment